Different mobile operators will issue their SIM cards in different formats, which puts challenges to automation and standardization of card vending and issuance applications. MUTEK along its global partners works to release a series of card dispensers to for SIM card dispensing solutions in every aspects.
Briefly, a full size SIM is a standard card of ISO ID-1 size, which is the most popular one. Full-size SIM were followed by mini-SIM, micro-SIM, and nano-SIM. SIM cards are also being made to embed in devices(eSIM).
But it’s a little different for issuance and retail use, 4 formats as listed below are the ones widely applied, as we call them full size, half size, quarter size or 2FF mini SIM cards respectively. Also these 4 formats are operable ones with a general purpose or special dispenser machine from MUTEK.
- Full size SIM card is the most popular and easiest one to handle. It can be handled by our general purpose or .special card dispensers. MTK-F31 standard card dispenser or MTK-F11 card issuing machine are the two most frequently used which has integrated reader or open channel for installing a barcode or QR code scanner. There are many other multiple hopper models(e.g. MTK-F53 quad hopper ) or certain special models to match the special requirements.
- Half size SIM card is the one that can be handled by a specified SIM card dispenser. MTK-F35V2 is the model to dispense only half size SIM cards. MTK-F32 dual fit SIM dispenser can be adjusted to issue either full size or half size cards. MTK-F32X3 is the dual-fit triple hopper one for combo and flexible dispensing of full size and half size cards.
- MTK-F37 and the upcoming MTK-F37V2 are the 2 models for 2FF mini SIM card dispensing. As the card is in smaller size, both models equips portable hoppers for easy off-site card loading and management.
- MUTEK has investigated and is also ready to release a customized dispenser for Quarter Size SIM cards according to market demand.
To get a proper model suggested quickly for your SIM card dispensing solutions, here are the critical points to mention:
- What’s the card size? It may be among the full size, half size, quarter size or 2FF mini size SIM cards; bared or enveloped.
- Whether and how you get the cards recorded? Usually, there is a need to read or read/write card (ICCID, IMSI, phone book, SMS etc. ) before dispensing to end user. Most of our SIM card dispensers have their submodels to integrate contact chip reader or barcode scanner.
- Other special requests such as multiple hoppers, OS platform, PC/SC reader options.